On April 3rd, 2023, the mandatory mask mandate for medical facilities, specifically including all massage practices in Washington State, was lifted. You can still choose to wear a mask if you like, but it will no longer be required. Some of our therapists still plan to wear a mask, and you may request that your therapist wear a mask during your session. There will be an opportunity on the intake form for you to make this request if you wish.
On May 5th, 2023 the World Heath Organization published "The WHO Director-General concurs with the advice offered by the Committee regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. He determines that COVID-19 is now an established and ongoing health issue which no longer constitutes a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC)." Effective May 13th, 2023, Seattle Massage Oasis is no longer requiring vaccination for clients. Please be assured that all of our staff are fully vaccinated including boosters.
We will continue the following practices long-term in light of Covid being ongoing as well as the common cold and flu always being a concern:
- We are fully sanitizing the treatment rooms between each client and sanitizing high touch surfaces in the office regularly.
- We are taking temperatures of all clients.
- As always, we use sterilized linens provided by hospital linen service and will continue to as our regular practice.
- Entering our office is restricted to clients with appointments only, no accompanying visitors unless the person with the appointment needs physical help.
- The hepa filers at our location are changed every two and a half weeks, and the air filtration system was upgraded in 2020 to circulate more air from outside the building.
Thank you again, we hope to see you soon!
Patti Abbott, LMT/owner